Thursday 24 December 2009

Third PAR Session (14-12-09)

This session proved to be a break through... I have established the gestures without metric beats allows much more in the way of interpretation but in that, I have also discovered that both ways encourages a whole range of juxtaposing movement material! When time was beated the movement had a very unnatural, jagged dynamic, which was very interesting and with the gestures the movement became more fluid however; both of these still attained the idea of conduction and structure which was brilliant.
In this session we move away from beating time completely and instead used very elaborate gestures to instigate movement. Rhian and I also swapped places so that I could understand and feel the difficulties of both methods. I found this very interesting and enjoyed being lead and sometimes followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment